Building Information Modeling
BIM (building information modeling) is a process based on using accurate computer models. It may cover a single constructive element, several particular parts, or the whole system. BIM will be useful for designers, constructors, owners, customers, etc.
The constructive parts can be described from the point of view of the following features:
- materials (class, type);
- physical parameters;
- price, etc.
Levels of Detail
The level of detail on BIM depends on the construction stage. It’s based, first of all, on the existing information. The time of development of this or that model aspect may significantly vary.
LOD – consists of the graphical content;
LOI – relates to the non-graphical part.
The level of detail is important in all stages of project development. Quality data exchange helps us to figure out the customer’s demands beforehand. We try to ensure close interaction with the customer so that all the issues are resolved quickly. The transition to the next stage is carried out only after the approval of the previous one.
BIM modeling can have the following levels of detail:
- LOD 100. The object or system is demonstrated graphically as a symbol or another general mark. Dimensions are approximate, they are not enough for the requirements for the next level.
- LOD 200. A model element is graphically represented in the model as a generic system, object, or assembly with approximate quantities, parameters, placement towards other structures. Additional non-graphical information can be presented.
- LOD 300. A model element is graphically represented in the model as a particular system, object, or assembly in terms of quantity, size, shape, location, and orientation. Such model elements can contain non-graphical additional information.
- LOD 400. A model element is demonstrated in the model as a certain system, its element, or assembly. It describes the size, geometry, placement, quantity, and orientation. There is also extra information about the manufacturer, assembly, and installation information. Non-graphical data may be added.
- LOD 500. The model contains verified information of the element, it provides accurate information about size, shape, placement, quantity, orientation towards other elements. The model may be added by additional data and parameters that are enough for using this model for solving its target tasks.
If you have any questions about BIM, cost per square foot or want to order the building information modeling services, don’t hesitate to contact our specialists.